Bidart & the Basque Country
Because we are Basque and chauvinistic and we love our village, we really want to make you want to discover the best of our place.
Let's start with our village, Bidart in a few words is: 6 beaches on 5km of coastline, cliffs withhiking trails , a village square and preserved monuments, it is a trade of craftsmen and creators in the heart of the village . These are craft sites such as the Ona Pilota pelota workshop, the artisans of the Couteliers Basques and the historic Moulin de Bassilour . They are guided tours to tell the story of our elders and to remember that in the past there was a port and we hunted whales . It is bare hand pelota tournaments on the small pediment on sunny days and at large Chistera on the municipal pediment from June to September.They are friends who have run establishments for several generations, associations which punctuate the program of festivities and who come to see us often. And then from our terrace, we are at the forefront of the flagship events that take place on the square.
A few dates to remember to make the most of our terrace:
- every 1er Saturday of the month on the occasion of Bidarten Kantuz
- every second Sunday of the month for mutxiko (Basque dances except in May and October)
- May 8 for the finals of the Ttotte Exposito tournament
- every Saturday from July to mid-September for concerts and entertainment on the square
- the third weekend of September for the Bidart celebrations, Udazkeneko Bestak
- the weekend before Christmas for the arrival of Olentzero and the meeting with Santa Claus